What is a Reserve Fund Study?
A Reserve Fund Study is a step-by-step report that incorporates clear explanations, comprehensive physical and financial analyses, and valuable tools to assist clients to understand and implement effective reserve fund strategies. They are more than just a capital plan as they allow you to not only plan for future building upgrades, but also to budget for them. We provide a comprehensive service and will work with you to help determine which upgrades are the most urgent and which ones can be planned for in the future, so that the plan is not only prudent but also reachable.
Who does a condo reserve fund study?
Reserve Fund Studies are completed by a CERTIFIED RESERVE PLANNER (CRP). The CRP designation is the exclusive designation specializing in Condominium Reserve Fund Planning obtained through the Real Estate Institute of Canada. This standard is widely recognized to be the most advanced reserve fund planning system in Canada.
Highlights of the Report
- Reserve Fund Component Description and Analysis: includes an information sheet for each of the Corporation's common elements, detailing normal lifespan, observed condition and deficiencies, and estimated repair timelines and costs.
- Statement of Reserve Fund Operations: examines and compiles the Corporation's past reserve fund transactions to more accurately forecast future reserve fund expenditures.
- Economic Analysis: examines trends in overall construction cost inflation and achievable interest rates for the Corporation's reserve fund in order to provide realistic projections for repair costs and reserve fund balances.
- Benchmark Analysis: estimates optimum reserve fund contributions using a sinking fund method, which is more appropriate than the straight line method commonly used.
- Reserve Fund Deficiency Analysis: compares actual reserve fund balances to estimated reserve requirements to effectively determine recommended annual contributions by unit owners to the reserve fund.
- 30 Year Reserve Fund Projection: presents the proposed reserve fund operations for the next 30 years in one convenient chart. A 30 projection is above the industry norm of 25 years.
Download the checklist to fill out to order a Reserve Fund Study
Riverside Appraisal Ltd.
1325 Spadina Crescent East